November is Alzheimer’s Awareness Month
Posted by Accutech on November 15, 2011 12:06 pm
Every 70 seconds another American family is affected by Alzheimer's.
About 60% of the nations Alzheimer population is expected to wander.
These are scary facts about a debilitating disease that has begun to affect more people than ever before and created a variety of issues for families of these victims. Wandering is one of the most dangerous elements associated with Alzheimer's. When a person with Alzheimer's leaves there home without any sense of direction or purpose, they can be stranded for days without any means to food, water, or shelter. It's estimated that there are hundreds of wander-related deaths a year, with that number expected to grow into the thousands. In this article on CNN, there are several tips on how to limit Alzheimer wandering:
The RFID wander management systems we manufacture fall into some of the solutions that CNN recommends.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
- Prevent Infant Abductions in your Hospital
- Accutech Security Introduces Updated ResidentGuard Wander Management Solution LC 1400 System
- Accutech Security’s Cuddles Pulse Infant Protection System Installed Successfully in Healthcare Facilities
- Hugs® Infant Protection Will Soon Be Obsolete: What That Means For You
- Protecting Patients From Elopement and Wandering in Hospitals – Best Practices for Security Managers
- Hospital Security Measures: What You Need to Know
- What Is Hospital Access Control, and Why Is it Important?
- How Does a Wandering System Work?
- Does the Cuddles Pulse Solution Make the Original Cuddles System Obsolete?
- Preventing Alzheimer’s & Wandering
POSTS BY TOPIC