Accutech Access is a reliable, affordable, and scalable electronic access control (EAC) solution that monitors the movement and security of residents, patients, nursing staff, and visitors in a variety of care spectrums throughout the healthcare environment.
ACCUTECH HOSPITAL ACCESS CONTROL
Take your security to the next level with electronic healthcare access control for hospitals and healthcare facilities from Accutech Healthcare Security Solutions. Accutech Access offers enhanced electronic access control capabilities and advantages such as scalability, simplicity, system status, and advanced global reporting.
The access control management system is directly integrated into the ResidentGuard wander management and Cuddles infant protection solutions and can integrate into additional security systems when scaled to the Accutech Integrated platform.
Experience improved visibility with customized floor plans that show access control and wander management doors and functionality, credential management from multiple sites, and live activity view.
Hospital security is important for the following reasons:
- It protects employees from danger.
- It helps with visitor management and tracking.
- It protects healthcare organizations from liability.
- It secures valuable assets or equipment
- It prevents unauthorized access of any kind.
- It provides safety and peace of mind to health care patients.
- In the event of an emergency, your system can track what occurred to prevent events from repeating. A system can also document events, and documentation can be used as evidence.
A security system is vital to the healthcare industry today. You can install access control to protect your healthcare facility and prevent incidents that could destroy the public's trust in your medical brand. A comprehensive security system should integrate with an alarm system, locks, video surveillance, smart cards, various levels of access, and so much more.
REASONS TO IMPLEMENT ACCESS CONTROL SOLUTIONS FOR HEALTH CARE FACILITIES
Without electronic access control, anyone can come and go in a hospital, medical facility, maternity ward, or nursing home. You don't want anyone walking into your healthcare building unvetted. The protections you implement can help prevent violence, abductions, theft, and patient wandering.
With access control, you're controlling the ingress and egress of all individuals through assignment of specific access rights. You can monitor people's movements and keep a record of those movements should something happen.
In a nursing home, you can prevent wandering and accidents through perimeter control systems and our comfortable wander wearable. Wander management is especially important in memory care units where patients could wander off and get hurt. Combining access control with wander management significantly reduces the chance of an incident.
ACCUTECH ELECTRONIC ACCESS CONTROL (EAC) BENEFITS
Unlimited reader and
Templates for easy
Scalable to fully
Why Choose Accutech Access?
Protect one door or thousands with our cutting-edge Accutech Access control solutions for hospitals. Find out details on hardware and software and see how we can help you meet your security needs.
- Accutech Access control systems are powered by the Intelli-Site platform and can be designed to meet your security needs, regardless of size or sophistication, without overwhelming you or your IT team with unnecessary complexity.
- Accutech Healthcare Security Solutions has over 35 years in the healthcare security industry, so you can count on us to provide you with an efficient, easy-to-use system that functions reliably.
- We've taken customer feedback to heart in order to continuously upgrade our system to ensure that sensitive areas of healthcare facilities are protected. We are focused on serving our customers' security needs so they can focus on patient care.
- Our solution is flexible and scalable with the ability to control multiple access points. Permissions can be adjusted for various healthcare professionals. Role-based access control is important for facilities to establish appropriate entries and minimize risks.
- Integration with a current security system makes Accutech Access the preferred brand in access control solutions for hospitals. Accutech Access control solution can also be combined with our Cuddles infant protection solution or ResidentGuard wander management solution for optimal protection and integrates with a variety of security and communication platforms.
ACCUTECH ACCESS, ELECTRONIC ACCESS CONTROL SOFTWARE
Accutech Access is designed exclusively for electronic access control (EAC). End users pay only for access control and can scale to integrate with ResidentGuard wander management solutions. The Access software features:
- Management of staff and resident badges at multiple sites
- Holiday/time zone scheduling
- Live activity view
- Crystal reports on all events
- Hardware management view
- “Compass” electronic access control board
- Many additional features
Hardware management view to determine the health of your system
Manage credentials from multiple sites, enroll entire databases of cards
Holiday and event scheduling
Custom live activity views from designated areas
Manage credentials from multiple sites, enroll entire databases of cards
Compass: Industry-Standard RS-485 Access Control Board
Accutech Compass boards have an advanced circuit board design, with a high-speed RabbitTM processor and surface mount component technology. Compass boards can achieve nearly limitless capability within an extremely small footprint.
The small power module size makes them a great fit for gate controllers and other small area locations where typical access control hardware can’t fit. The Compass Intelligent Power Module (CIPM) options have the same horsepower of other larger, more expensive hardware. They include very large card capacities, buffers of events, and complex functionality with its use of the Dynamic Linking Tables (DLT). The power module equipment can be ordered in 1-panel, 2-panel, or 4-panel configurations.
CONTROL ALL INGRESS & EGRESS POINTS WITH ONE SOLUTION
Accutech has combined its new ResidentGuard LS 2400 software with its new Accutech "Access" control system to create a turn-key, integrated access control/wander management solution that gives operators complete control of building security. Our systems are designed with flexibility in mind, so your security teams can use them to fit your exact security needs based on the layout of your location.
Electronic Access Control Business Sources
The hospitals, schools, and universities market (up 6%) slingshot past last year’s No. 1 access control segment: office buildings (even with 2015). Government and utilities also fared well with gains of 3 points apiece. Retail and entertainment venues receded by 6 points.
Hospital Access Control FAQs
While you already know that healthcare access control is important, you may still have some questions about the process of installation or how your access control devices will work. You can call Accutech at any time to get your specific questions answered. We’ve also included general answers to some of our top questions about security access control below.
The number of people granted access to your hospital or healthcare facility is up to you. There’s really no limit on how many people can have badge access to a building or portion of a building. You will want to be organized in keeping track of who has access cards because your building’s security depends on vigilance, awareness, and tracking.
Accounting for human error is an important aspect of healthcare security. No one is perfect or can watch out for every threat at all times. That’s why access control and careful access control management are so important—so you can have multiple layers of security protecting your healthcare facility, employees, patients, visitors, and assets. The beauty of access control, as opposed to a key system, is that if a card gets lost or stolen, the card’s access authorization can be turned off. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately and documented so no one will be able to use it to gain entrance to your facility.
Accutech has designed access control to be cost-effective and reliable. The cost of your access systems will depend on a variety of factors: the number of doors that need to be secured, how large your facility is, how many employees require access, integration requirements, and more. We can get you a free quote when you get in contact with an Accutech representative.
Yes, Accutech Access does allow for temporary access. Temporary badge access could be used under certain circumstances, such as in an elder care facility where family members visit frequently.
User rights are handled at a computer where you can add users, delete users, and edit access privileges. Access control credentials can be adjusted depending on the needs of the facility. For instance, a doctor may need more access to various parts of a facility than a delivery worker. There are a variety of other customization options for card access control as well.
Access control solutions can do both. You can adjust your system to lock doors if an at-risk patient such as a senior in an elder care facility gets too close to the doors. You can also adjust alarms to suit your facility’s needs so workers don’t experience alarm fatigue.
Contact an Accutech Access Representative Today
What we need for a quote:
- Amount of readers (inside and outside)
- Amount of staff/resident badges
- Integration requirements (using existing EAC panels)
- Project timeline
Accutech Healthcare Security Solutions has provided protection for vulnerable populations since 1985. We're seen as both a manufacturer and thought-leader in the healthcare security space and allow medical staff to focus on quality of care while providing maximum protection.
While security systems can add layers of security, nothing can replace human diligence. Learn more about Accutech Access and our other security systems by contacting us today.