Accutech Resident Guard IS3200 Wander Alert System
Posted by Accutech on October 12, 2011 11:51 am
The Accutech ResidentGuard IS 3200 is our most comprehensive wander management solution. It is a software-enhanced system designed to deliver all of our safety features with easy-to-use functionality. The IS 3200 is ideal when a variety of alarm types are necessary to provide the necessary level of security - i.e. resident identification, loiter prevention, door-ajar monitoring, supervisor and low battery. Accutech’s ResidentGuard wander management systems gives Alzheimer’s, dementia and other “at-risk” residents the ability to move freely about their facilities while receiving the protection they need. Using advanced RFID technology, this perimeter-based security system puts your staff at ease while enabling them to direct their energies toward other critical tasks.
Each zone monitored by the Accutech ResidentGuard IS3200 wander management system is defined and configured to balance the safety of the residents monitored, their need for security and ease-of-use among the care providers. This solution notifies your staff which resident (as well as door location) is causing any/every wandering alarm. All Accutech wander alert systems can be integrated with nurse call, electronic access control (EAC), closed-circuit television (CCTV), fall detection and other existing security mechanisms within your facility.
A wandering (door) alarm alerts your staff when a door opens and a resident wearing a tag is detected in the monitored area. The resident’s identity and zone location are communicated to your staff via the IS3200 server computer. A local audible and visual alarm also occurs at the zone location. Reset needs to occur at the location of the event, forcing staff to respond to this possible elopement. Only authorized users (care providers) are able to escort a tagged resident beyond a monitored door location without an alarm occurring.
The loiter alarm notifies your staff if a tag is in a monitored zone for too long (with a minimum setting of 10 seconds and a maximum of 110). This is also recorded and logged into the server computer for future reports. The resident’s identity and zone location are saved to the IS3200 computer(s). Typically, this alarm is automatically reset when the loitering resident is moved out of the zone location.
The door ajar alarm notifies your staff if a door in a monitored zone has been held open for too long (with a minimum setting of 10 seconds and a maximum of 110). The zone location is saved to the IS3200 server computer. Typically, this alarm is automatically reset when the monitored door is closed.
The supervisor alarm notifies your staff if the tag antenna(s) or receiver antenna is defective, wires are cut, detuned, tampered with or damaged and is in need of attention while in a monitored zone. The software enables staff members access to reports designed for clinical, maintenance and administrative activities involving this resident safety solution. The zone location is also saved to the IS3200 server computer.
The low battery alarm indicates any tag(s) worn by residents that are transmitting a low battery signal when the tag enters any monitored zone. The resident’s identity and tag number are communicated to and displayed on the IS3200 server computer.
Benefits of the ResidentGuard IS 3200 Wander Management System include:
• Notification of staff if residents try to leave the facility or wander into restricted areas
• Easy-to-clean tags with LEDs to indicate when they are active
• Quick resident assignment
• Reduced costs due to long-life tags that can be turned on or off as necessary
• Lower cost of operation with free training and software updates
• Escort function
• Protection against elopement and loitering
• Compliance with NFPA, FCC, NEC and JCAHO requirements
• Free 24-hour technical support
• Full one-year warranty
For additional tips to prevent elopement, please see this blog post.
Accutech is a division of Innovative Control Systems, Inc. (ICS), an industry-leading supplier of quality security systems for over 25 years. Accutech provides RFID based Infant Protection and Patient Wanderer Security Systems. For more information, contact Chris Konicek at 10125 S. 52nd Street, Franklin, WI 53132, (414) 855-1121 or visit www.AccutechSecurity.com.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
- Ensuring Newborn Safety: Modern Hospital Security Measures
- Hospital Bag Checklist
- Everything You Need to Know About Infant Hospital ID Bracelets
- Top 5 Best Practices for Infant Security in Hospitals
- Where Do Most Infant Abductions Occur?
- How Does The Accutech Wandering System Work?
- Prevent Infant Abductions in your Hospital
- Accutech Security Introduces Updated ResidentGuard Wander Management Solution LC 1400 System
- Accutech Security’s Cuddles Pulse Infant Protection System Installed Successfully in Healthcare Facilities
- Hugs® Infant Protection Will Soon Be Obsolete: What That Means For You
POSTS BY TOPIC