Alzheimer’s disease is one common cause of dementia. Dementia is a term that encompasses a wide range of cognitive functioning issues, such as memory loss, thinking impairment, problems with judgment, and difficulty with social interactions. Dementia can cause elderly adults to become confused, scared, angry, lost, and forgetful. These cognition problems present a danger to…
Alzheimer’s disease—a progressive brain disorder that slowly causes one’s memory to degenerate—affects one in every 10 people aged 65 and older. According to the Alzheimer’s Association, between the years 2000 and 2018, deaths from Alzheimer’s disease have increased 146%—with the number of Americans living with Alzheimer’s expected to grow to nearly 14 million by 2050. While…
Assisted living facilities support residents with everyday tasks like cleaning, cooking, and personal hygiene. They may also offer nursing care and can help with medication management and on-site physical therapy. If you have a parent or grandparent who is struggling to care for themselves, assisted living can ease the burden of everyday tasks. Moving to…
Topics: Senior Living
ResidentGuard Wander Management System Enables Increased Freedom and Safety for Residents in New York Community
A balance between freedom and safety is difficult for a community to achieve. With ResidentGuard, staff at Loretto Health and Rehab can rest assured they\'re providing residents with the proper balance.
Whether in a hospital or long-term care facility, it is vital to protect residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia from wandering into restricted areas or outside. This blog will explore the top reasons that a reliable wander management system is a must for any facility with residents at-risk for wandering.
Accutech introduces a new LCD based mobile tag test unit that offers additional tag information and testing capabilities. Staff can now verify tag numbers, review warranty dates and check remaining battery life from an LCD screen. The unit also features a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and built in tag (so it can’t leave the unit without…
From the moment a patient enters your facility, their safety, comfort, and care are what matter most. But all too often patient safety means more time managing a system and less time focusing on your patients—and it shouldn’t. Patient safety should be simple. A good security solution should allow nurses…
Your patients are your focus, and while safety is a priority you also want to make sure they have freedoms and comforts. It’s easy to take every day activities for granted, but for your patients these little things mean the most. Something that sounds simple, like taking a bath, isn’t as simple for a resident…
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
- Best Tracking Devices for Alzheimer’s Patients
- Newborn Baby Safety Tips
- How Is Alzheimer’s Diagnosed?
- TPC Systems and Accutech Security Systems Partner to Provide Infant Protection Systems In Connecticut and throughout the Northeastern US
- Accutech Security’s Response to COVID-19
- TurunUK and Accutech Security Systems Forge Successful Partnership in Offering Critical Healthcare Security Solutions throughout Europe
- Signs Your Loved One May Be Ready for Assisted Living
- McAlester Regional Health Center Improves Security with Accutech’s Cuddles Infant Protection System
- Ashley County Medical Center Announces Implementation of Accutech Security Solutions’ Cuddles Infant Protection System to Protect Infants
- Considering Wi-Fi for Your Life Safety System?
POSTS BY TOPIC