Recent Fetal Abduction Case Highlights the Need for Infant Security Systems
Why You Should Trust CertaScan® and Cuddles to Protect Your Most Valuable Assets.
Fetal abduction has been a gruesome topic rocking headlines over the last month, sending shock waves and fear through the entire country. The latest case came out of Chicago, where 19-year-old Marlen Ochoa-Lopez was brutally murdered and had her baby cut from her womb.
While this type of crime is known to be less frequent than infant abductions, such incidents do still occasionally occur. Roughly 30 documented fetal abduction cases have been reported between 1987 and 2015 (Fox News) – reiterating the tremendous need for infant security systems in hospitals.
What Your Healthcare Facility Can Do to Prevent This
The best step a healthcare facility can take for newborns and their families is integrating a reliable infant security system, offering cost-effective, facility-wide protection for all types of patients and assets. The combination of Accutech’s Cuddles infant protection system and CertaScan® provides the most reliable security package available today for maternity wards and hospitals.
Cuddles Infant Protection System
With Cuddles’ state-of-the-art tag/bracelet, the nursing staff can rest assured that every baby on their unit is safe. Unlike other systems that tug on the navel cord, or have a fixed-length band around the ankle, these ultra-soft, self-adjusting bracelets are worn comfortably around the ankle and will never fall off or become loose due to postpartum weight loss. Should the tag be tampered with, an alarm will activate to alert staff, and the perimeter of the unit will be locked down.
The Cuddles infant protection system software is easy-to-use and enables you to admit and discharge babies quicker than ever before. The unique protection system continues to function even if your PC and network go down. Cuddles seamlessly integrates with your hospital’s existing alerting and security systems, making execution speedy and affordable.
CertaScan® Digital Footprinting
CertaScan’s digital solution for footprinting provides quick and precise identification of newborns while cutting down on valuable nurse time (versus ink). CertaScan® is the first and only national database for child footprints. This type of footprinting is currently the best way to identify missing children, making it an ideal solution for law enforcement in the case of an abduction, emergency or missing child situation later on in life.
Ensure Every Baby is Safe, Secure & Well Cared For
Is it time to enhance your facility’s infant security protocols for even more comprehensive protection? Learn more about the benefits of an infant protection system plus essential features to look for in this guide.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
- Signs Your Loved One May Be Ready for Assisted Living
- McAlester Regional Health Center Improves Security with Accutech’s Cuddles Infant Protection System
- Ashley County Medical Center Announces Implementation of Accutech Security Solutions’ Cuddles Infant Protection System to Protect Infants
- Considering Wi-Fi for Your Life Safety System?
- Recent Fetal Abduction Case Highlights the Need for Infant Security Systems
- Accutech Security & Pasek Corporation Announce Partnership to Protect Safety & Security of Vulnerable Patient Populations
- How Cuddles and CertaScan Help Secure Your Maternity Ward
- Cuddles Provides an Extra Layer of Protection at Buena Vista Regional Healthcare Foundation
- Preventing Infant Abduction from Healthcare Facilities
- ResidentGuard Wander Management System Enables Increased Freedom and Safety for Residents in New York Community
POSTS BY TOPIC