Ashley County Medical Center Announces Implementation of Accutech Security Solutions’ Cuddles Infant Protection System to Protect Infants
Crossett, Ark. (August 26, 2019) – Ashley County Medical Center (ACMC) has contracted with Accutech Security Solutions to install the Cuddles Infant Protection System. Cuddles will allow ACMC to enhance security and minimize the risk for newborn abductions. This extra layer of security provides peace of mind to ACMC’s staff.
ACMC has approximately 180 deliveries a year. While they had a locked unit to control multiple exits and have been using cameras to track and record activity, keeping the most vulnerable patients safer was a top priority. The hospital wanted additional visibility to the nursery than staff alone could provide. ACMC researched 5 different infant protection systems before determining that Accutech Security’s Cuddles Infant Protection System was the perfect fit.
“We were looking for a more robust infant protection system that was safe and comfortable to the newborn,” said Amanda Autenreath, RN and Nursery Manager at ACMC. “Accutech’s Cuddles system met all those criteria as well as being easy for our staff to use.”
Cuddles works by placing a lightweight, self-adjusting band around the wrist or leg of a newborn. The bands are snug but comfortable and stretchable, ensuring they won’t fall off or hurt the skin. Nurses can monitor the location and movement of each baby and if there is an attempt to remove the band, an alarm immediately sounds.
“Accutech’s Cuddles system will allow our facility to continue to put our focus on mom and baby while providing a higher quality of infant protection,” added Autenreath.
Accutech Security has been manufacturing infant security solutions for almost 35 years. Cuddles Infant Protection systems can be seamlessly integrated with wired and wireless nurse call systems, ensuring notifications are at hospital staff’s fingertips. Cuddles is in more than 500 hospitals worldwide and offers free 24/7/365 support.
For more information on Cuddles Infant Protection, visit www.accutechsecurity.com.
About Accutech Security
Founded in 1985, Accutech Security is a leading manufacturer of advanced electronic monitoring and security systems, marketed and sold under the Accutech brand. Accutech’s specialized, security systems are actively installed in more than 5,000 healthcare facilities across the world. As a leading manufacturer of security systems for almost 35 years, Accutech continues to provide innovative, reliable and cost-effective solutions for the safety of babies, patients and residents worldwide.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
- TPC Systems and Accutech Security Systems Partner to Provide Infant Protection Systems In Connecticut and throughout the Northeastern US
- Accutech Security’s Response to COVID-19
- TurunUK and Accutech Security Systems Forge Successful Partnership in Offering Critical Healthcare Security Solutions throughout Europe
- Signs Your Loved One May Be Ready for Assisted Living
- McAlester Regional Health Center Improves Security with Accutech’s Cuddles Infant Protection System
- Ashley County Medical Center Announces Implementation of Accutech Security Solutions’ Cuddles Infant Protection System to Protect Infants
- Considering Wi-Fi for Your Life Safety System?
- Recent Fetal Abduction Case Highlights the Need for Infant Security Systems
- Accutech Security & Pasek Corporation Announce Partnership to Protect Safety & Security of Vulnerable Patient Populations
- How Cuddles and CertaScan Help Secure Your Maternity Ward
POSTS BY TOPIC