The Importance of Properly Configuring a Wandering System
A recent lawsuit filed in a wrongful death suit against an assisted living facility in Duluth, Michigan highlights the importance of making sure the installation of a wander management system is complete and the configuration is correct. Seeking damages in excess of $50,000, this lawsuit is the result of a resident with dementia wandering out of the facility through an unlocked door that was not monitored. After an investigation, it was determined that “WanderGuard” system in place to prevent the resident from wandering was not connected to all of the unlocked doors in the facility. When the seventy-four year old woman’s body was found, the bracelet was still fastened around her ankle.
RFID-enabled security systems are a very effective solution for preventing egress at a residential facility with a population at risk due to Alzheimer’s and dementia. This technology enables a bracelet worn by an at-risk resident to trigger a system event if that person passes through a monitored exit without hindering the movement of the entire population. System events can include a localized alarm, an alarm at the nurses station, a text/page to be sent, and/or automatic door-locking. But as with all technological solutions, the system must be set up and maintained properly in order for it to function. With 24 hour technical support, free upgrades, well-built reliable hardware, the availability of local installation and service technicians and long-life tags that turn off when not in use, ResidentGuard from Accutech Security delivers wander management solutions at a lower total cost of ownership and greater customer satisfaction than any competing product. All Accutech systems are assembled in the United States, installed and serviced by a vast network of local authorized dealers - Quality and service you can depend on.
Accutech is the most trusted name in RFID security - a leading manufacturer of advanced electronic monitoring and security systems since 1985 with RFID-enabled solutions installed in more than 5,000 locations worldwide. In satisfaction surveys, customers consistently say they would (and do) recommend Accutech products to a peer.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
- Signs Your Loved One May Be Ready for Assisted Living
- McAlester Regional Health Center Improves Security with Accutech’s Cuddles Infant Protection System
- Ashley County Medical Center Announces Implementation of Accutech Security Solutions’ Cuddles Infant Protection System to Protect Infants
- Considering Wi-Fi for Your Life Safety System?
- Recent Fetal Abduction Case Highlights the Need for Infant Security Systems
- Accutech Security & Pasek Corporation Announce Partnership to Protect Safety & Security of Vulnerable Patient Populations
- How Cuddles and CertaScan Help Secure Your Maternity Ward
- Cuddles Provides an Extra Layer of Protection at Buena Vista Regional Healthcare Foundation
- Preventing Infant Abduction from Healthcare Facilities
- ResidentGuard Wander Management System Enables Increased Freedom and Safety for Residents in New York Community
POSTS BY TOPIC