Medical Center In Georgia Debuts Cuddles System
Parents of newborns at Colquitt Regional Medical Center in Moultrie, Georgia are feeling an added measure of comfort as the Medical Center is the latest facility to install the Cuddles infant protection system exclusively from Accutech Security.
Accutech offers this state-of-the-art technology that uses Radio Frequency Identification, or RFID, to monitor infant activity on the maternity ward. Infants are fitted with a small, comfortable bracelet around the ankle or wrist that sends a signal if the child is removed from the area or if the band is removed or cut. The signal sounds an alarm and the ward will immediately respond with a lockdown until the infant is located. Only nursing personnel can remove or deactivate the bracelets. Each tag is also uniquely identifiable to instantly match mother and baby.
Jim Matney, President and CEO of Colquitt Regional Medical Center, says the new security system is part of the hospital’s goal to use technological advances to provide the highest level of care.
"This is one of many measures we have in place to keep the babies safe,” he said. “Colquitt Regional Medical Center is setting the standard for healthcare by providing the latest high technology in all areas of care we provide while still giving a personal touch to our patients."
The Cuddles Infant Protection System can also be enhanced with the Accutech Two-Way Radio that allows healthcare professionals to speak to one another, giving specific and real-time information about the location and nature of an alarm. This decreases the time it takes for the staff of a healthcare facility to respond to an alarm by sending customizable audio messages to all the radios on the network.
Accutech Security offers several options to hospitals and care facilities to keep track of vulnerable patients, offering comfort to families that their loved ones will always be protected. For more information please call us at toll-free at (800) 356-2671 and we would be happy to help you.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER!
- Where Do Most Infant Abductions Occur?
- How to Prevent Pediatric Elopement in Hospitals
- How Hospitals Use Access Control Systems To Improve Security
- The Best Security Systems for Assisted Living Facilities
- How to Talk to a Parent with Dementia
- The Top Five Reasons Alzheimer’s Patients Wander
- Why Every Hospital Should be Using Accutech For Newborn Footprinting
- Everything You Need to Know About Infant Hospital ID Bracelets
- Winning at Supply Chain Management Amid Worldwide Challenges
- Features to Look for in a Healthcare Access Control System
POSTS BY TOPIC